Summer's rolled in early, real early...

Chundles

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
11,961
364
Well, it's the 3rd official day of Spring and for some reason we've gone from Summer earlier this year, to Autumn, to Spring and back to Summer - Winter went AWOL this year.

Anyhoo, 3rd day of Spring:

Total Fire Ban throughout NSW
33°C (91°F) at 1pm with the hottest part of the day yet to come
Windy
Dry as dust.

Bushfire season has begun and it's gonna be chaos. Damn. :(
 

DZ/015

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2003
875
21
New England
Sorry about the heat you must endure. Just the opposite is happening up here in New England. Fall has arrived and I couldn't be happier.

Goodbye humidity, hello cool, dry air. Personally, I can't wait for snow to fall.
 

iGary

Guest
May 26, 2004
19,583
0
Randy's House
Chundles said:
Well, it's the 3rd official day of Spring and for some reason we've gone from Summer earlier this year, to Autumn, to Spring and back to Summer - Winter went AWOL this year.

Anyhoo, 3rd day of Spring:

Total Fire Ban throughout NSW
33°C (91°F) at 1pm with the hottest part of the day yet to come
Windy
Dry as dust.

Bushfire season has begun and it's gonna be chaos. Damn. :(

If you are lucky, it will burn up all the funnel webs. :D :p
 

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
1,505
1
looking for trash files
sweatshirt season has arrived here on the other side of the world... and life is good! we are still in a drought (4 years and counting), but dead grass/crops/etc don't matter much when you can wear a warm cozy sweatshirt. with a hood. life is great!
 

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
7,923
0
Canberra, Australia
Yeah the weather's a mess here at the moment. Got to 30º C down here the other day. Today it's around 10º, windy and raining. Go figure.

Hope the bush fires stay away.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
11,961
364
4JNA said:
sweatshirt season has arrived here on the other side of the world... and life is good! we are still in a drought (4 years and counting), but dead grass/crops/etc don't matter much when you can wear a warm cozy sweatshirt. with a hood. life is great!
Yep, everything's pretty much dead or dying here too - 1 in 100 year drought. There are 5 and 6 year old kids out west who don't know what rain looks like.

Bloody summer, piss off!!

And iGary - Funnel-webs looooove the heat, a hot dry summer's going to make sure there's a stack of them just waiting for you to stick your foot in your shoe of a morning without checking the inside. Well, not here, I'm in an apartment on the coast.

Summer for me as a kid meant:

- Banging out your shoes in the morning
- Headaches from the heat
- Having to scrape the bitumen off your shoes after the road stuck to you
- Snakes, snakes, snakes and more snakes.
- Cracks in the ground so deep you could lose an arm in them.
- Bad sunburn in 15 minutes outside.
- That the only time you weren't uncomfortable was that split second when you get out of the shower before drying yourself and the water keeps you cool.
- Burning your hands on the seatbelt buckle in the car.
- Almost being able to make a cup of tea just from the water in the garden hose.
- Massive hail storms with hail stones as big as cricket balls.
 

Chundles

macrumors G4
Original poster
Jul 4, 2005
11,961
364
Abstract said:
It's not THAT bad in Wollongong right now. I must live within 15 minutes of you, you whinger. :p
Yeah, I suppose you're right.

The wind is taking the bite out of the heat and the smoke from the fire on the escarpment is blocking out the sun.
 

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
1,204
1
Chundles said:
Yep, everything's pretty much dead or dying here too - 1 in 100 year drought. There are 5 and 6 year old kids out west who don't know what rain looks like.

Bloody summer, piss off!!

And iGary - Funnel-webs looooove the heat, a hot dry summer's going to make sure there's a stack of them just waiting for you to stick your foot in your shoe of a morning without checking the inside. Well, not here, I'm in an apartment on the coast.

Summer for me as a kid meant:

- Banging out your shoes in the morning
- Headaches from the heat
- Having to scrape the bitumen off your shoes after the road stuck to you
- Snakes, snakes, snakes and more snakes.
- Cracks in the ground so deep you could lose an arm in them.
- Bad sunburn in 15 minutes outside.
- That the only time you weren't uncomfortable was that split second when you get out of the shower before drying yourself and the water keeps you cool.
- Burning your hands on the seatbelt buckle in the car.
- Almost being able to make a cup of tea just from the water in the garden hose.
- Massive hail storms with hail stones as big as cricket balls.
is it godawful humid down there too, or just really hot?
 

Nermal

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
18,704
1,192
New Zealand
Chundles said:
Summer for me as a kid meant:

- Banging out your shoes in the morning
- Headaches from the heat
- Having to scrape the bitumen off your shoes after the road stuck to you
- Snakes, snakes, snakes and more snakes.
- Cracks in the ground so deep you could lose an arm in them.
- Bad sunburn in 15 minutes outside.
- That the only time you weren't uncomfortable was that split second when you get out of the shower before drying yourself and the water keeps you cool.
- Burning your hands on the seatbelt buckle in the car.
- Almost being able to make a cup of tea just from the water in the garden hose.
- Massive hail storms with hail stones as big as cricket balls.
Been through all of those, except for the snakes of course.

It was pretty hot (comparatively speaking) here today, I turned my ceiling fan on for the first time.

Edit: And the hail, I missed the bit about cricket balls :p
 

Stampyhead

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2004
2,294
30
London, UK
Chundles said:
Summer for me as a kid meant:

- Banging out your shoes in the morning
- Headaches from the heat
- Having to scrape the bitumen off your shoes after the road stuck to you
- Snakes, snakes, snakes and more snakes.
- Cracks in the ground so deep you could lose an arm in them.
- Bad sunburn in 15 minutes outside.
- That the only time you weren't uncomfortable was that split second when you get out of the shower before drying yourself and the water keeps you cool.
- Burning your hands on the seatbelt buckle in the car.
- Almost being able to make a cup of tea just from the water in the garden hose.
- Massive hail storms with hail stones as big as cricket balls.
Wow, sounds like summer in Arizona too. Except for the hail storms...