Sun VirtualBox

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SteinMaster, Mar 18, 2009.

1. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I just installed Sun VirtualBox and am running Ubuntu Linux OS. I cannot figure out how to expand the Ubuntu window when I expand VirtualBox to full screen. Does anyone know how I can expand the Ubuntu window to full screen consistent with VirtualBox? Thanks:confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I've never worked with VirtualBox, but you may need to change the screen resolution in Ubuntu.

3. ceezy3000 macrumors 6502

ceezy3000

yea change the resolution

4. jlamb0 macrumors member

Have you installed the "Guest Additions"? It allows for mouse integration and dynamic screen re-sizing.

I've been using VirtualBox to run Windows, and I absolutely love it, but I was never able to figure out how to install the Guest Additions on Ubuntu, even when following the directions in the app documentation.

Let us know if you get it working!

5. makismagoo99 macrumors regular

makismagoo99

I had the same problem at first, and jlamb0 has it right. Among other improvements, Installing Guest Additions provides a specific driver to the guest OS that allows it to dynamically re-size the desktop as you change the size of the window. This is a common feature in virtualization software (at least in Parallels and VMware Fusion).