Sundance 2009 iPhone Reception?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by d0hutch, Jan 29, 2009.

1. d0hutch macrumors member

d0hutch

Did any of you guys go to Sundance this year and experience the epic failure of the iPhone reception?

2. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

You're talking about a small mountain town that gets a flood of people once a year.

Apparently they didn't feel the need to spend millions so that ego maniacs could feel like they hadn't left La La Land while they visited the quaint country side and watched independent films.

3. d0hutch thread starter macrumors member

d0hutch

So I am an egomaniac because I would still like the use of my phone while I am watching Indie movies?

4. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

Yes, you're an ego maniac if you think that a small town of under 50,000 people over a 100 square mile area is going to invest tens of millions of dollars (or convince AT&T to invest that much) upgrading to a state of the art 3G network for a week long orgy of people showing up.

I don't get iPhone reception in lots of cool places, like in parts of Maui and you don't see me sitting on here whining about it.

5. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

6. d0hutch thread starter macrumors member

d0hutch

I had perfect 3G reception before the huge influx, and after the huge influx of people. So they already have reception, and they already have 3G coverage in the area. Once everyone was there it was crippled, I couldnt make calls, receive texts, or get out to email.