Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today announced that the critically acclaimed film "CODA" is set to launch on Apple TV+ and in theaters on Friday, August 13.

coda-film.jpg

The film tells the story of a seventeen-year-old girl named Ruby (played by Emilia Jones), who is the sole hearing member of a deaf family, nicknamed "CODA," or "child of deaf adults."

Ruby's life centers around balancing responsibilities as an interpreter for her parents (Marlee Matlin and Troy Kotsur), working on the family's struggling fishing boat, and her new love of singing in her school's choir club.

"CODA" is written and directed by Siân Heder, who directed and wrote one episode - "The Silence" - of the Apple TV+ series "Little America." The film was presented in the U.S. Dramatic Competition category at the 2021 Sundance Film Festival, and in total won four awards at Sundance.

These were: Special Jury Award for Ensemble Cast, the Directing Award, the Audience Award, and the Grand Jury Prize. "CODA" joins other award-winning and nominated Apple TV+ films and shows like "Ted Lasso," "Wolfwalkers," "Greyhound," and more.

Article Link: Sundance Award-Winning Film 'CODA' Coming to Apple TV+ August 13

Reactions: citysnaps

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
because Apple has no business being in the content business because they are clueless on this stuff
At least they are trying. I am sure they don't expect to win everyone over. However, if they can slowly win customers over year after year, it will be a long term win for Apple.

This is no different than tv.

I don't care for a lot of what Apple is offering right now. There are a few things I have liked. That is a win for me.

Reactions: Ar40
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.