Sunday AM lines?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TriApple, Mar 19, 2011.

1. TriApple macrumors member

Will they exist? I'm thinking of trying as it is the first day in a few I've had a chance to do so, and still without an iPad.

Is there a reason to believe they may have some?

Apple told me that they "get shipments on Saturday but don't know if iPads or not"

2. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Day...after day....after day...since the 12th.

YES people will be lining up. No we don't need a thread every 24 hours about this.

3. TriApple thread starter macrumors member

Suggest you don't:

A) Click the very descriptive title if you don't want to read the post

B) Don't reply if you don't want to read the post

You'll find yourself more efficient and productive.

Thank you for the reply though, I'll give it a go.

4. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

5. TriApple thread starter macrumors member

IMHO, I can. I provide a descriptive title. If he chooses to read it, it is a waste of time on his own volition.

I'd agree with you if I had a title like "Anyone going to???"

And then in the body, not being able to see in the forum view, say "stand in line on sunday?"

My title should appeal and provide comment ability for anyone INTERESTED in discussing.

The replier was clearly not, and just decided to say he didn't think the thread was necessary - sort of like you. In fact, you even took the time to link to other threads.

We don't need forum police for this purpose. This is a high-activity and exciting time for the iPad sub-forum, let it be what it is going to be.

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

Sorry then. I sincerely apologize for not being able to help out & for being a busybody. :eek: I'll make sure that I mind my own business next time. :eek:

Sorry again & good luck. :)

7. ssb333 macrumors member

I actually think it is good to have threads like these. It helps me stay informed and also make up my mind. It's good to know that others are wondering the same. With that being said, if you don't like a thread and think it's a waste then just don't click on it. And if you do then why on earth would you post on it? Insanity I tell you.

8. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

How would anyone on MR know the answer to this question?

Please let us know when you transition from 'thinking of trying' to making a decision.

Yes, there's a reason to believe.

Apple told me they get shipments several times a week, but they don't know what is inside the shipments, just like a big box of chocolates.

9. TriApple thread starter macrumors member

Your post was very helpful - I'm glad you have so much free time in your life that you have the chance to do this. I'm as thrilled that I receive a notification every time you or someone just like you does.

10. thenobody macrumors member

There will be lines but there will be no ipads.
    There is no deliveries for sundays

11. triplecore1 macrumors member

Don't quote me on this and I can't prove it, but I remember reading somewhere Apple doesn't get shipments on Sunday. No idea if this is true or not, and I think someone else posted a thread about if apple get shipments on Saturday. Then again my store has being holding the shipments for Sale the next day at the Early Opening. Never the less I think its important to figure out whether Apple get shipments on Saturday to sell Sunday morning.

12. triplecore1 macrumors member

sorry for the double post; your a fast typer:D. haha.

13. applemike68 macrumors regular

I just spoke to an apple empolyee that said they "might" have some ipad 2's avaiable tomorrow morning but they sell out real fast. Hmmm...

14. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

If you get in line and see employees in line, you're set.

15. KYbrucewayne macrumors newbie

I know there are a lot of "waiting in line" threads was actually curious about this, too. If they got shipments today, they would sell them tomorrow morning, correct? Even though there are no shipments Sunday.

I am a little annoyed with the way the employees have to handle availability questions, though. I called my store yesterday and one employee said "we won't get any until next week." And another said "as far as I know, we're out of stock, but we open an hour early tomorrow and whatever we DO have we'll sell then." WHAT?

So I wouldn't even know what to think of their answer if I asked them today.

16. caitlin macrumors member

caitlin

Yeah. I'm pretty annoyed about it too. I just called, to see if they were selling tomorrow morning. "Well, we won't know if we have anything until 11:30, but if we do, well sell those." It's like, I know you don't get shipments tomorrow, obviously it's today's shipment. Can't you just tell me yes or no?

17. aussi16 macrumors newbie

My Apple Store told me tonight that they would have them to sell tomorrow. Of course they wouldn't say how many came in! Today they only had 14 to sell and they handed tickets out at 7am and I missed out yet again! The mall doors don't open until 9am on Sunday and Apple isn't opening until 10am (an hour early then their normal 11am on Sundays)....I'm hoping my plan to be there for 4am will work...or will I miss out yet again?

18. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

Steve said, "Let let there be lines." And his people obliged.

19. KYbrucewayne macrumors newbie

Just called the store closest to me and was told the shipment they received will go on sale at 9:30 AM on Monday...even though they are open tomorrow...what the hell is that about?

20. shadrap macrumors 6502

Same here in NC

21. camaroIOM macrumors 6502

What size you need i have a 16 gig black wifi if ya want. Shoot me email at munfyproductions@me.com

Brand new sealed in box

22. erpx macrumors newbie

Sunday is a Holy Day! They must get rest. :D