Sunglasses expert help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Schmoe0013, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Schmoe0013 macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

Hello forum!

So, I'm watching eight below on tv (yes.. I know) And towards the end of the film, one of the characters, Katie, has on some Aviators.

I don't know which brand they are, and was wondering if anyone knew, they look very nice! Going to attach a screen grab of the point in time of the film.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. steveza macrumors 68000

steveza

I can't be sure but they look like Ray-Ban's. I saw some yesterday that were very similar to that.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

4. Schmoe0013 thread starter macrumors regular

Schmoe0013

i was thinking they were Ray ban's too, but if you look at the thinness of where the ear piece connects to the glasses (not sure what those are called) the blades, they are thinner and higher up than the ray ban's

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Do you know how many pairs of glasses look like that.

Check Serengeti. They may not sell the pair identical to that in the photo, but they would be pretty close. Also, they make incredible sunglasses.

6. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

I'd check out the Versace 2041, they look really similar. And coincidentally, will probably be my next pair of glasses.

7. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

There are an alarming number of sunglasses experts out there, so I'm guessing if the OP stumbles upon one (s)he'll get the answer (s)he needs.

8. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Only weirdos get so obsessed with a product that they can actually help others out when provided only the smallest amount of info. *cough*

9. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

Exactly my point. *cough*

10. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Oh the irony here on the MacRumors forums. :)

The only reason I could come up with a model like it is because I've been having some trouble finding a pair of sunglasses that I like that can use prescription lenses now that I can't read street signs more than 20 feet away; the Versace pair happens to be a pair I like that can use prescription lenses, unfortunately my optometrist doesn't carry them and I don't feel like paying Lenses Crafters prices.