sunlight and heat

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kingdummkopf, Oct 12, 2012.

1. kingdummkopf macrumors member

so i accidentally bumped another thread... ignore that. so yeah.

this applies to phones as well. if i were to use my ipad/iphone etc. in sunlight, with the sun shining on it, could that ruin the screen?

also, if i use my ipad/iphone on a hot day abroad, could that ruin the device?

i was in my conservatory, where it was warm, using my ipad, and the sun kept reflecting off the screen, and it got me thinking.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I don't think so. Anything left in direct sun for a long time will have adverse affects, but in the situation you're taking about, I doubt it.

The documentation for both devices should provide you with a temperature range that is considered safe for your device.

3. marty1990, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012

marty1990 macrumors 6502

So using an iPad in direct sunlight, where the sun is beaming onto the screen, on a hot day for a couple of hours is okay then?

I was wondering the same, so thanks.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

The iPad may be ok, but the human might get a heatstroke. Go sit in the shade, please.

5. Legios macrumors regular

If it is hot out you would most likely get a heat warning and the ipad would shut down before it allowed itself to be damaged.

6. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

I've been frequently using my iPad 1 and 2 in the sauna to watch movies. (Of course, it's on the floor but get pretty hot nonetheless. I haven't done the same to the iPad 3.)

Both iPads survived - the iPad 1 more than two years of active sauna sessions. At least so far.