Sunrise calendar

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Apps' started by Minarets, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Minarets macrumors 6502

Does it work in anyone's Apple Watch? I get the notification or alert when one is set on the watch but that is it. Can't click on the app on the watch and see anything from there.

2. Rclewen macrumors newbie

Rclewen

3. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

Correct, that is all my never does. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and that's all it does.

4. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I have not tried the Sunrise Calendar app. but Fantastical 2 works pretty good on the Watch. I am using their Watch App, complication and glance with Watch OS 2.1. It is much better than the default Calendar App (on your phone and Watch) and it works fine with my MS Exchange calendar from work.

They were having a holiday sale and the iPhone / Watch version was only $2.99 last week. The iPad app is an extra charge, but I have not found a need for it, myself.

TxWatch

5. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

I've stopped using Fantastical 2 on my Apple Watch as it refuses to show all day events in my Apple Watch complications.

Anyone know how to get these to show?thanks

6. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

I love the sunrise app on the phone but other than the alerts on the watch, which it does reliably, it doesn't do anything else on the watch. Can't even see the day's events from the watch.

7. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I am seeing all day events on my Watch. For tomorrow, I see Christmas Day which is an all day event from my Exchange calendar. I am running fantastical 2 version 2.5.3 and Watch OS 2.1.

Maybe you can remove and add it back to your Watch.

TxWatch

8. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

I know this does not help, but Fantastical shows the days events in the Watch App, complications and glances. When one event passes, the next event for the day takes its place. The alerts for events and reminders work very reliably, as well.

TxWatch

9. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

10. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

11. Erdbeertorte macrumors demi-goddess

Erdbeertorte

It's not discontinued yet, but probably will be soon as a standalone app and then can be used only within Outlook. I just wanted you to know that and maybe change to an app that might exist longer to be more future proof.

But if you use Outlook anyway it's a different situation. I don't know anything about Apple Watches and if there is or will be an Outlook app for it.

12. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

Thanks for the reply.

Tried everything, uninstalled, installed.... still no All Day events on my AW complication.

All day events show when opening the app on the AW but refuse to show on the complication just:

No Events
    Enjoy your Day

13. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh man. I can't even see them in the app on the watch. The app is there, you click it, you get the loading look and it times out every time.

14. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

Strange how it works flawlessly for some, partly for others and as above post not at all.

I've sent an email to the developers as the whole purpose for my purchase was for a description of my next event as a complication.

See what they say if and when they respond.

Until then I'll stick with Calendar 5 and Events Widget for my complication.

Oh, and Merry Christmas all.

15. ekwipt macrumors 6502a

Loved Sunrise but moved to Calander 5 after the Microsoft discontinuation.

16. TxWatch macrumors 6502

TxWatch

Oops, sorry for the confusion. I misread your original post. I do NOT see all day events in the complication screens, but they show up in the Watch App itself.

On that point, I am not sure how they would display an all day event in the limited space of the complication if you also had upcoming events on the same day. I prefer they show my upcoming events long before they happen so I can keep track of my next appointment.

I suppose they could show all day events if I had nothing else scheduled for the day, but at some point I want the complication to show my first event for the next day.

TxWatch

17. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

Yes, that would make sense. The small complication already shows 'clashes' if I have more than one timed event that overlap in my calendar.

18. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

Thanks for the confirmation TxWatch, I thought I was doing something wrong.

As mentioned in an earlier post, happy to stick with "Calendar 5" and "Events Widget".

The later shows all day events on the big complication of the Apple Watch but as an added bonus, it also is fantastic on the iPhone's notification screen.

Just wish I'd of know the the lack of all day event on the AW before putting my hand in my pocket for Fantastical.

All the best guy

Andy

Attached Files:

19. SG94 macrumors member

SG94

Does any other calendar app have all the selectable dates that Sunrise has?
    It has just about every sporting fixture on earth, school holidays down to city level and hundreds more! I would be gutted to have to lose all that and go back to having to put them all in myself again :-(