Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worker73

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2015
Wondered if anyone might have an idea on how to fix this:

My watch only displays the SUNSET time (regardless of the time of day). I called Apple Support today and they had me unpair/pair the watch along with a reset of my phone (iphone 6). Waited until tonight, but still no luck with the watch displaying a sunrise time for the morning.

I also tried a hard reset, powering down the watch, turning location services on/off on my phone, bringing up the weather on my watch as well as the map in glances to locate my position and still no fix.

Any suggestions are most appreciated!!

Nodger

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
Just noticed mine is the same - not showing a sunrise/sunset time, just --:--

I recall seeing it blank a few days ago. Is it supposed to flip to sunset time after sunrise or after midday?

Nodger

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
Just been for a walk outdoor and noticed the correct sunset time is now showing. Will check in the morning, but as per the OP is seems that showing sunrise time may be problematic.

coffeemadmanUK

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Just noticed mine is the same - not showing a sunrise/sunset time, just --:--

I recall seeing it blank a few days ago. Is it supposed to flip to sunset time after sunrise or after midday?

I think it shows sunset until midnight (once sunset has passed) and then changes to sunrise from midnight, until sunrise occurs when it changes to sunset.

profmjh

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
There are a number of threads about this. Here and elsewhere. It's a software issue. Give up. It's hopeless. Wait for the next update. It's only a hugely expensive watch. What were you expecting? That it would work?

Reactions: Nodger

Nodger

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2011
There are a number of threads about this. Here and elsewhere. It's a software issue. Give up. It's hopeless. Wait for the next update. It's only a hugely expensive watch. What were you expecting? That it would work?

No big deal, I'm normally asleep at sunrise and drunk by sunset!;)

Reactions: lirn8
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.