Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
So during my search for web browsers today, I came upon Sunrise. Its a darn small App, which is nice. Its got some cool features, but some annoying things to it as well.

The one thing I can't figure out to do, it opena URL!! Seems so basic, but when I type in the site I want to go to, it takes me to a google search. I read what little I could find about sunrise, and they worked it so that the search funtion+ URL is the same space, but I can't figure out how to type in a URL, and have it take me there.

Chance are I'm missing something really basic, so if anyone could help, that great thanks.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
The trick is just that it doesn't do "friendly" URLs. If you type http:// in front of your URL, it'll work fine. ;)

It's kind of cute. Couldn't see using it, but it's kind of cute. It's pretty neat how you easily people can develop alternate browser concepts using WebKit. :)

zap2

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
The trick is just that it doesn't do "friendly" URLs. If you type http:// in front of your URL, it'll work fine. ;)

Well....that worked easy enough! Annoying though...the Beta didn't have the "feature"(I'll call it that only because it lacks 2 different search bars)

Is there still a way to make it transparent? In the Beta, you could make it more or less so.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Is there still a way to make it transparent? In the Beta, you could make it more or less so.

Contact them and give them feedback. I don't know webkit, but I'd guess it has something that helps to determine when the bar is seeing a friendly url and when it's seeing plain text (and needs to search), as that feature is implemented in Safari, Shiira, and every other Webkit browser.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.