iPhone Super annoying iPhone bug! Grrr

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Dreamer216, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Dreamer216 macrumors newbie

Today I downloaded a song on my iPhone, waited for my phone to sync, and I properly disconnected it as always. Went to play it, and it skipped to the next track. Tried to play it again and it skipped. I went to play another song, and they all started to skip. I went to my library, and the skipped songs were dulled out with a stop button next to the title. I resetted my phone, re-synced it, re-downloaded my music. But no avail, this has happened on iOS 6, but a re-sync fixed it quick. I don't know what to do, I primarily use my phone for music. If I can't do that, what's the point of me even having an iPhone?!

2. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

The whole process of "syncing" through iTunes is just a nightmare.

Give us drag and drop folders for music, photos, videos etc that just appear in Windows/OSX as a drive on the OS

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Simply re-download them OTA. Seems you're making a big deal out of something that isn't really an issue at all.

4. Dreamer216 thread starter macrumors newbie

No. I don't have Match.

5. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

I've noticed this with podcasts recently
    I've stopped syncing my phone now, but, with photo stream and the ability to download purchases (you don't need match for that) I haven't felt the need to sync with a computer

Are you having problems with music ripped from cd's or download from outside of the iTunes Store?

6. Dreamer216 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh all three. Even when I re-download my music that was purchased, it does the same thing.

7. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

That is odd
    I know it's irritating, but if you remove all the music, sync, then re add and sync that might help
    It worked for me (osx iTunes)

A pain, but seems to work

8. Dreamer216 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done that twice already. And I have over 3,000 songs so it took a long time.

9. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

Sorry, my only suggestion now would be a full restore

10. Black Magic macrumors 68000

Black Magic

I had a similar problem too after I updated to iOS 7. I would play songs and some songs would play to a certain point and skip to the next without finishing. I ended up deleting the songs and albums completely from my library and re-downloading them again which seemed to fix the problem.

11. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Neither do I and I dl my songs OTA all the time. You have to have iCloud on but you can do it.

**Not thinking about songs you put on yourself....... You can at least get your iTunes songs on there.