SUPER APP idea. iPhoto Books should be "readable" on iBooks

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zub3qin, Apr 3, 2010.

1. zub3qin macrumors 65816

zub3qin

I make iPhoto Books often. They are great.

It would be phenomenal if iPhoto could export them in ePub format, so we can "read" them in iBooks- but since it is graphics heavy and text lite, I am not sure it is possible.

Anyone agree?

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

It's totally possible. ePub is just HTML/XML with CSS and extra metadata stored in ZIP format. You can extract the epub like they are zip files and look at the whole content.

3. Johnpartridge macrumors regular

Yeh, someone will be taking this idea of yours and making it a reality quite soon im sure. Why people blert good ideas out on the interwebs I dont know.

4. zub3qin thread starter macrumors 65816

zub3qin

Well... I have no ability to make apps, so if someone else makes it and makes money in the process great!

An iPhotobook app that worked like Marvel comics with "panning" from picture to picture, frame to frame would be great.

5. dadams1 macrumors newbie

Pdf?

Won't you be able to export your book as a PDF and view it nicely on the iPad?

6. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Something in-between a Photo book and an iMovie would be really cool, no? I can just imagine the book animating its pages turning, with that Indiana Jones red line moving across the globe, showing photos doing their little slideshow transitions, and where some of the photos are video clips.

I can see Apple building this into an iPad version of iLife soon enough!