Super Bowl iPhone Commercials

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple 26.2, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

So, Verizon plays theirs (at least a couple of times) and AT&T still didn't have a good retort... I mean, if you really wanted to make a point, it's during the Super Bowl, yes?

2. sparkstsa macrumors regular

AT&T did have one. It was where the wife calls the husband about their anniversary and while he talks to her, he makes reservations with the web browser. It was showing off that on AT&T, you can talk and surf at the same time.

3. Apple 26.2, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

Apple 26.2 thread starter Contributor

Apple 26.2

No, no... I said good retort. That was the same weak crap they came out with last week.

Come AT&T... show some back bone!

4. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

AT&T sucks, just shut off my iPhone until my package comes tomorrow :rolleyes:

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Backbone? Since when did having the iPhone on a second carrier mean that we needed to engage in an all out penis war? Who the **** cares which ****ing carrier the iPhone is on anyway?

Oh wait, that's right ... somehow it's utterly important to defend your carrier while they ass rape you on your bill.

The commercials speak to what the strength is in each carrier. Why bother with "retort"?

6. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

+infinity

7. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

I guess I'm out of this battle since I'm on T-Mobile. Sure I would love to use the iPhone with Tmo 3G or even better HSPA+ "4G" service, I just settle with my MyTouch 4G which is a good compromise.

I did try struggling with an unlocked iPhone 3GS, but being stuck on EDGE is a real pain and just killed the whole "experience" of using an iPhone.

I'm not going to defend my carrier to the death as T-Mobile does have it's weak points, but still they treat me well after being with them for over twelve years. Still, I feel having the iPhone with the forgotten "underdog" of mobile carriers would only generate more sales for Apple and T-Mobile which could use a new group of killer phones.

Those hopes may never come true, but it's always nice to dream.

Back on track, I did have three generations of iPhones on AT&T (original 8GB, 16GB iPhone 3G, and finally a 32GB iPhone 3GS), I finally left since the bill was killing me. I had the family plan but with 3 lines, the nickel and dime and cost was far more than my T-Mobile which was far less with more minutes and features with five phones (business and personal lines).

I would never consider Verizon due to the step backwards of not being able to pull data during a call (CDMA limitation), sure they got great coverage and fast data speeds, but I found myself using Google Maps during a call planning a route or a simple Google search for movie times (Fandango app is great too).

In the end, I jumped to Android and a current generation iPod Touch. Still I wish for a "4G" iPhone on T-Mobile. :p

8. karsten macrumors 6502a

karsten

yeah seriously, you shouldn't be hating on the carriers. you're supposed to hate on android instead. now get to it !!

9. Sputnek macrumors regular

I still don't understand why we are fighting about which carrier is "better". The fight for Verizon was for the iPhone to come on multiple carriers not because we thought ourselves to be better than others... This argument about carriers is as silly as an argument about which religion is the best... come on guys just get along and be happy that we now BOTH have an iPhone.... Make facetime not war!

10. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

11. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

12. tweety21 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thumbs up!!!!! Waaaay waaaaay up!! If my phone works for me doing what I need it to do on Verizon and your phone works for you doing what you need it to do on AT&T, who gives a flying crap which network anybody is on.

I'm new here. Was told this was a good place for information should I ever need it for problems with my "new to me" phone. So far, I haven't seen anything but a pissing contest on which carrier is better!!!!

13. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

It is a good source of information. There's just a lot of static you have to sift through.

Low signal-to-noise ratio here. Especially on the iPhone sections.

14. Apple 26.2, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011

Apple 26.2 thread starter Contributor

Apple 26.2

Whoa. Easy.

Perhaps I didn't articulate it very well, but the point I was trying to make was if you (as a corporation) want to make a point, what bigger viewing audience do you want than the Super Bowl viewing audience? In my opinion, AT&T simply didn't bother to get up after Verizon scored a marketing knock-out last week, and I wanted to voice that opinion through the thread.

Your comment that I'm somehow trying to defend AT&T and start some boner war is unfounded. If you were to read any of my posts with regards to AT&T v. Verizon, you'll see that I'm neutral at worst, giving a slight edge to AT&T only because of rollover minutes. If anything, I encourage people to do their homework and evaluate pros and cons with any carrier before making a purchase. BTW, the Verizon iPhone commercial just came on ESPN and I still think it's an awesome commercial.

Unlike many people here that do start crap for no apparent reason, I congratulate and welcome Verizon (and their customers) to Our Precious.

:apple: