Super Bowl LIV Halftime Performances Coming to Apple Music as a Visual Album

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

This Sunday, Jennifer Lopez and Shakira will headline the halftime show at Super Bowl LIV, and today the NFL announced that each performance will be made available to stream on Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube Music, and other platforms shortly after the game (via Billboard).

This will include videos of each performance organized into a "visual album." Users will also be able to purchase the album on iTunes in addition to streaming it on Apple Music, and pre-orders and pre-saves for the Super Bowl LIV Live Album will appear today.

According to NFL chief media and business officer Brian Rolapp, the show will also be available as a live audio album without video.
"With the abundance of technology in today's world, it was extremely important to us that we are able to share the ground-breaking Super Bowl performances with our fans across the globe after they occur," said Brian Rolapp, evp and chief media & business officer.

"This visual and audio album is the first of its kind and will allow fans to experience the greatness of the artists' performance on Super Bowl Sunday at their fingertips and across multiple platforms anytime they choose so."
Super Bowl LIV will air on Sunday, February 2 and is taking place in Miami, Florida. Besides Jennifer Lopez and Shakira, Demi Lovato will be performing the National Anthem and Yolanda Adams will perform America the Beautiful.

Article Link: Super Bowl LIV Halftime Performances Coming to Apple Music as a Visual Album

V_Man

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2019
Not sure why, but if you want to listen again you can. Always here about how bad it was.

Don’t watch the show. Never anyone I’m interested in watching.

It’s a great time to take a dump.

iOS Geek

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2017
Well the one with Prince singing in the rain in Miami was epic. Can’t name another good half time show.
That was definitely something else! Purple Rain is a favorite song of mine. Always has been. But that particular performance of it...by far my favorite!

nburwell

macrumors 601
May 6, 2008
DE
Well the one with Prince singing in the rain in Miami was epic. Can’t name another good half time show.
Probably one of the more memorable SB performances I can remember.

Most other years, I have mainly tuned out once the teams head to their respective locker rooms.

Reactions: V_Man

brinary001

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Midwest, USA
[sniffles and tears]
"That's my quarterback"
-Terrell Owens on Tony Romo

[sniffles and tears]
"That's my quarterback"
-me on Future Hall of Famer Pat Mahomes helping me win my fantasy league and $1200 :D :D
Haha yeah the guy's a superstar, no doubt about it. I'm hoping we keep him for the duration of his career like the Patriots did with Tom Brady.

Reactions: 69Mustang

CarlJ

macrumors 68040
Feb 23, 2004
San Diego, CA, USA
WTF even is a “visual album”? Is this a new and complicated way of referring to a music video? What am I missing here?
I'd venture a guess it'll be a series of music videos, one per song, in an album, arranged so you can play individual songs, or run the whole "album" through to get the entire original performance.

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Half-time show is legendary and its great to know we'll be able to relive the moment on Apple TV.

Caliber26

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
Justin Bieber. Everyone loves the ‘Biebs’, it’s a known fact.

I would rather sit in a room with no windows watching paint dry for 12 hours before I would ever watch a performance on him.😁
I unironically love the Biebs. Can’t wait to throw a few hundred dollars at him later this summer when he goes on tour.