Super Bowl Sunday Activities and Menu

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gutwrench, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

If you'll be participating in this Super Bowl Sunday phenomenon where will you do it and what's on the menu?

2. malman89 macrumors 68000

Buddy's house.

I have to ref some playoff hockey games right before, so I'll probably just grab some fast food on the way over and some beer at his neighborhood liquor store. Nothing special. I don't really care for the 'Super Bowl party' or even the game itself all that much. It's just something to do because there's seemingly nothing else to do tonight.

3. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Just the four of us - Burgers and chips. I don't care about the game either. :rolleyes:

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

My extensive Game Day plans include completely ignoring The Pre-Pre-Pre Game show, the Pre-Pre Game show, The Pre-Game show, and the Game Itself.

Could care less about the Game, the commercials (!), the Analysis...and pretty much everything else.

Just a nice, quiet, regular old Sunday...do the laundry, watch some movies, and drink a bunch of espresso.

I'm a wild eyed, un-American radical!:eek:

:rolleyes:

5. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

My wife is in China so it's just our daughter and me here today. We don't watch any television so there's not much attention on the event. But I do like the festive excitement I see in people at the market.

I was hoping to hear some fun menus and maybe she and I would try it too.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My girls are not into football and I'm not really jazzed up about the teams this year

I think we'll make our own pizzas for dinner but we'll not do anything different because it's Super Bowl Sunday

7. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Another wild eyed, un-American radical.

In fact, apparently a whole family of them!:eek:

What is this world coming to when an incredibly important, world changing event such as the Super Thing is ignored by at least three or four citizens.:mad:

;):D

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I did the wash yesterday. But I suppose I should get it all folded and put away today.

The kitchen and dining room floors needs a good sweeping and mopping.

Then I'll vacuum the hallways and bedrooms.

In between times I'll post on the forums or get in a game of Candy Crush [Level 119]

And the lunch menu will most likely be homemade hummus and carrot.

9. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Another Commie!:eek:

BTW: The hummus sounds great! Do you put garlic in your home made creation?

:D

10. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

So today is the game day huh?

It's just another Sunday for me and if I recall correctly, the game is on in the evening. Since it's Sunday, I'll be at church for evening service while the game is on.

I think I just learned who is playing yesterday. This isn't a big deal to me since I don't follow football.

11. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

12. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Hey laundry is a good call! I was just planning to vacuum and wash the floors...:p

13. Gutwrench thread starter macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I had to look up Yuengling. We usually have Yangjin (or Taingtao) but not today, just Blue Moon.

14. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I honestly only learned yesterday that the Super Bowl was today.

15. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

LOL wow. A bunch of really fun people ITT.

Stay thirsty my friends.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

My daughter is going to a Super Bowl party so it is just my wife, myself, and my son.

Chips & salsa
    Pigs in a blanket
    Buffalo Wild Wings take out
    Sugar cookies with orange and blue sugar sprinkled on top
    Orange Crush to drink.

17. malman89 macrumors 68000

I cannot wait to go to Ohio next weekend just to stock up on Yuengling. I have no idea why it's not sold in Michigan yet. Pretty much the same price as your watery Bud Light, but tastes better!

18. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

Not a football kind of gal. All I care about is when the heck are they showing the Captain America: The Winter Soldier clip so I can get on with my evening. :D

But since my sister is HUGE Broncos fan, I hope they win.

19. djplaxe2109 macrumors 6502

I concur!

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

My wife, children and I actually did our grocery shopping. Most worry-free, panic-free shopping day we ever had, because not a bloody car was in the lot! :D

After that, we came home and watched Puppy Bowl X (yes, it's been 10 years since they started the Puppy Bowl).

Call me a heretic, but after getting hooked on Australian Rules Football in 1994, the NFL has been tedious and boring at the least, and a snoozefest at the most.

I have to hand it to the Aussies; they have one of, if not the best and most exciting football code on the planet.

BL.

21. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

22. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Nah.. But I do have to say that my hometown has yet another moment of embarrassment from a high profile celebrity on the national stage. They were banking on Manning's shouts of "Omaha!" during the game to increase tourism.

Didn't happen.

Though a bright light out of it was that every time he said it, $100 was donated by 17 Omaha-based companies to Manning's foundation. Which wasn't much at all.. So they all decided put in $2500 each, and individual contributions brought it up to a little over $63,000.

Still, even with that, it says a lot when the Puppy Bowl was more exciting than the Super Bowl. One dog in it scored more touchdowns in that single "game" than Al Bundy.

BL.

23. millerj123 macrumors 6502a

I grilled a steak, chicken drumsticks and a mix of carrots, rutabaga, red onion, broccoli and cauliflower drizzled with olive oil and garlic.

I'm going to have to go back to starting some of the harder vegetables cooking before I put the softer ones on.

I felt bad for the Broncos getting beaten so soundly. A blowout like that isn't very fun to watch, either.

24. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

So I left the pizza making completely in the hands of my two 8 year old daughters and they did a great job. They had so much fun and enjoy it so much.

They were not into the game, but dinner was top notch :D