Super bummer... need advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gceo, May 1, 2008.

1. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

So, I came home from work the other day to find my house burglarized. They took my iMac that I synced my iPhone to. I lost a bunch of music files (Garageband stuff) that I have copies of on my iPhone as MP3's, but were more recent than my last backup. (as well as some ringtones that I made) I now have a replacement iMac, and got my phone to Sync just my calendar and contacts, but I'd like to get my music off my phone before I sync that.

So how do I get content off my phone that is linked to a library on a computer that I don't have anymore? I remember a longtime ago I used a program called escapepod to do a similar thing on an iPod. Does something like that exist on the iPhone?

BTW: iPhone 1.1.4 non-jailbroken iMac 10.5

Thanks.

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

If you jailbreak the iPhone you can transfer all the songs via SSH from your iPhone to your Mac. That is what i did. The files in the iphone look like HGSW.m4a and FJEJ.m4a and so on. They are all 4 cap letters long.

3. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

You don't even need to jailbreak. There's an app called Megaphone (used to be iPhonebrowser I think) that lets you transfer music, videos, podcasts, pictures, notes, sms conversations and probably more to and from your iphone. It used to have a 7 day trial and there are definitely serial #'s out there if that
    s your thing.

4. gceo thread starter macrumors 6502a

gceo

Thank you! She worked like a champ, now I've got my lost songs back.

Megaphone's interface is top notch.

5. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Glad you were able to get at your songs...getting robbed is a horrible feeling (that happened to me a couple years ago). Hopefully they can catch whoever did it (or at least recover your stuff).