Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
On am on my 2nd super drive on my 2.16 C2D Macbook pro.
This one has trouble reading some disks occasionally.
I bought a dvd cleaner with some tiny brushes on it that has helped it a lot, however it is not perfect.
I want to sell my MBP on Ebay.
I was wondering how should I explain or should I tell what is wrong with it.

It does work but not perfect. I guess I will take a beating on the price because this makes the machine not 100%

What would say in the listing?

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
No one has had pro lens with their optical drive??
Anyone know of a good cleaning meathod?

lukester

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
RI
No one has had pro lens with their optical drive??
Anyone know of a good cleaning meathod?

Sorry stupid Iphone interpretation.. Anyone have problems with their optical drive?

Mine still works but some disks it has to grind away longer..

I am trying to sell it and not sure how to describe it so I cover my bases and yet still don't take a beating on it.

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
Sorry stupid Iphone interpretation.. Anyone have problems with their optical drive?

Mine still works but some disks it has to grind away longer..

I am trying to sell it and not sure how to describe it so I cover my bases and yet still don't take a beating on it.

I had intermittent problems on my 17" MBP all of a sudden. It worked fine for the first six or 7 months. Then a disk got stuck. I was able to pull it out. I checked it again and once more it got stuck. I took it to Apple and they put in a new Superdrive for me (its still under warranty so no cost to me). Works great so far....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.