Super drive update is messing up?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by coffey7, Jul 1, 2007.

1. coffey7 macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I did a software update and downloaded a superdrive update. Now every time I restart i get a message that i don't need this update and at this point i just can't find where this file is to delete it. I don't want to restart every time and get this message. I thought I had a superdrive. I can burn dvds. Its a macbook 2.0 with a dvd/cd burner a MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857:.

2. mediaguru macrumors regular

I believe you can remove the update program if the update was applied successfully. First go to System Preferences > Accounts and remove the update app under "Login Items." You can then trash the actual updater app. It is located in Applications/Utilities.

3. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

I went to what you said and I checked the superdrive app and it still comes up after a restart. This is getting lame.

4. mediaguru macrumors regular

The check does not actually remove the item. I had to select the app entry and click the minus button to completely remove it from the list.

5. coffey7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffey7

6. vestokes@mac.co macrumors newbie

vestokes@mac.co

That Worked For Me

Thanks. Removing the SuperDrive Update 2.1 file from Applications/Utilities got rid of the annoying dialog. :)

7. wngraham macrumors regular

Thanks! This had just become annoying enough I decided to look for a solution.....