Super Drive Won't Connect!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macbookairhelp, Jan 16, 2009.

1. macbookairhelp macrumors member

Hi,
    I own a MacBook Air and a super drive. I haven't used my super drive since before christmas ( or just at) and today I wanted to play a game with it (right now I have a movie in there) and I keep plugging it in, it makes a quick whirring nosie then nothing and it doesn't connect. I think this happened once before and I just waited a day or two. Now I'm not sure what's wrong and I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and knwos how to fix it.
    Please and Thank you!

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Does it make more normal noises when connected to another computer? You probably need drivers for it to actually work, but it should be possible to tell if the drive itself is working properly.

Are you having any other trouble with the MacBook Air's USB ports?

3. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

When you plug it in, can you see it in the system profiler?

4. macbookairhelp thread starter macrumors member

It makes the normal whirring sound (I've had it for about 6-7 months, the super drive and the laptop for 8 months) BUt it only lasts for a mintue or less. May I ask what are drivers(I'm still new to the mac world, this being my first mac) I'm fairly sertain the drive is working beause ther other day i plugged in my iPod and it worked.

It does not show up in the system profile.

5. macbookairhelp thread starter macrumors member

Everyone i have solved my problem.
    YOu wouldn;t believe how much I kicked myself for not realizing this.
    Becaue I hadn't used it in so long I forgot that I didn't have a disk in, i was like maybe there isn;t a disk in cause it didn;t SOUND like it so i went and put in the game I wanted and ti worked. I forgot the disk.

6. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

:D

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I guess I'll have to go back to my old approach of asking the dumb questions first. :p