Super Duper Annoying Safari Scroll Lag??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dagogo, Jul 19, 2007.

1. dagogo macrumors newbie

We got an iMac 1.5yrs ago and this has been driving me nuts ever since...a brief description:

Say I'm at the top of a page and then click a new link.
    The new page loads.
    I decide to click the "back" button to return to previous page.
    The previous page loads.
    I start scrolling down...maybe I get halfway down the page in 2-3 seconds.
    then ***BOOM***
    Safari decides to catch up, and automatically returns the scroll tab at the right to the top of the page, interupting whatever I'm reading and forcing me to rescroll down.
    :eek:

Is this some setting that can be changed?

2. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

I used to have the same problem until I stopped using dial-up. How fast is your connection?

3. aeaglex07 macrumors 6502

aeaglex07

I too know of your woes... I've had this problem since safari first surface years ago...maybe the "wonderful" leopard will fix this.....
    :eek:

4. dagogo thread starter macrumors newbie

The connection is broadband cable....it's pretty fast. Fast enough that I never have think about it. The pages themselves load instantly, it's the lag in the scroll that's an issue...

5. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

This problem really annoyed me for a little while, until I figured out what it really was.

You know how some webpages have 'anchors'? They take you to a certain part within a page when it has finished loading? Safari is doing exactly that when you press 'back', it returns you to the previous position that you were in when you exited that page.

Remember: this only happens when the page has completed loading, so if you have a slow interweb connection, the 'feature' will take longer to kick in.

6. dagogo thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey sammich, yes that's what it is and it's driving me nuts!

Like I said the connection I have is fast, but there seems to be a lag between the previous page reloading, and the memory feature kicking in...that's the problem!

Is there anyway to turn it off?

7. 1madapple macrumors member

1madapple

I also HATE this. Has anyone figured how to turn this thing off? At first, I didn't pay much attention to it, but now it's really getting on my nerves. :mad: