Super Duper Magic Trackpad (Product idea)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Sensa, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Sensa macrumors newbie

Since Apple is favouring mobile platforms and incorporating more and more iOS features into OSX the idea came to me that one way to increase support / interest in desktop products (macmini, iMac & MacPro) is to create a proper and consistent method for introducing touch capability to the desktop products in a sensible way that would also make it somewhat easier for 3rd party developers as well.

So here is my idea (don't have enough computer knowledge to know how hard or easy this would be)

Take the bluetooth Trackpad and add a gyroscope to it as well as making the middle of it glass with the required touch sensors (possibly enlarging it slightly).

What I foresee is that ipad game developers could port their games to desktop macs with the control UI being displayed on the trackpad. So, when playing boggle and needing to shake the letters up you would shake the trackpad and the letter screen would be duplicated on the trackpad as well (in the glass area) and you would form the words there but also see a larger letter box on your desktop.

For games like infinity blade you would do the finger swiping on the trackpad.

For driving games you would "steer" and change gears using the trackpad.

Additionally, if the rumored Apple TV ever comes about this trackpad could be switched to be a universal remote.

The unit would retail for $99.00.

Anyway, as I said I'm just throwing this out there but am curious what others think.

2. n0cus macrumors 6502

I think that would be a very cool product. I would most definitely buy one. It also seems very doable.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

4. BSoares macrumors regular

Run and make a patent of that. Then make money later when Apple sells it and then you sue them for using your idea.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

I'd buy one, but only if Apple ever release a new iMac to go with it!