Super Duper Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Dynamyk, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Dynamyk macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Hey guys,

Gotta give back my MBP to work on Monday and am trying to figure out the best way to clone my entire hard drive to a T so when I buy my new MBP on Tuesday I can just copy eveything over and work on a system like i never had to switch.

I really really need my fonts and programs with serials etc. Will all these copy seamlessly over? Also, how easy is it to copy over. I have never used the program and am weary of losing some of my important files.

Thanks!

2. sputacus macrumors regular

I've been using SuperDuper for several months without any problems. I only had to restore my system once using the SuperDuper clone, and it worked flawlessly.

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

SuperDuper is fine to use and does it all to an exact copy.
    thats all I use as its so easy and simple.

It just depends on the program though, this has nothing to do with SuperDuper itself...but some Apps may ask to reneter the serial...but its usually not always, it depends on the way the app was written and if it detects a difference in hardware..only had ithappen once to i think it was dreamweaver or aperture.

:cool:

4. Dynamyk thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dynamyk

Does anyone have solid instructions on how to upload the clone file to the new system?

5. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

you just reverse the process. It's all in super duper. Just have the backup drive on the left side, and the target drive on the right.

6. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular