Super duper recovery help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Zer0, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Zer0 macrumors regular

When I upgraded from 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 a while back, my external HDD stopped mounting. I did some troubleshooting and installed some of the USB drivers\files from 10.4.9 and got it working again. Recently I installed 10.4.11 and wham... it happened again. But this time I screwed up the troubleshooting and now I'm having all sorts of trouble. The External HDD wont mount, .dmg files don't mount and exit saying device not configured. My MSFT wireless mouse does not work either!

Luckily however I had made a backup copy of the OS before I installed 10.4.11 using super duper. But the problem is this is on the HDD that wont mount. It does however mount if I use the option key while starting up. So I can see my backup copy and even start up from it, but when I log in from the current instance of the OS, I cannot see it!

Can anyone help me as to how I can recover from the backup copy? Can I bootup from the backup and then do a recovery of the current instance? If so, how? Please help! I'm frustrated :(

2. dirt farmer macrumors 6502