Super Duper

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hiohokaybye, Sep 23, 2007.

1. hiohokaybye macrumors regular

i'm just wondering what does super duper do does it back up the OS or its just the files/folders on my computer? and if it back up the whole OS on my external would i be able to restore it afterward and how so? thanks for advice

2. Alienbrain macrumors member

Alienbrain

To answer your questions it makes a bootable backup, or just files (it depends how you set up the program, there are allot of different options). You would be able to restore your computer from it but it also depends on the hard drive you use take a look at this link http://www.shirt-pocket.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461

I have been using SuperDuper for a few months now and love it. I have had no problems with it at all. I have it set on a schedule so every week at a specific time it starts up.

I hope this helps.:)

3. hiohokaybye thread starter macrumors regular

well the reason i'm asking this is because i was trying to partition my hdd w/ bootcamp but something went wrong and now it says the harddrive cannot be partition or deleted and ppl told me to back up w/ super duper and then boot from it then partition my hdd into one.

and is it possible to back up to my hdd if i already have some files on it? or i have to remove it then it will be bootable and also would i be able to store things onto my hdd after i delete the bootable image?

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-hiohokaybye

You will need to back up each partition with it's own backup utility when dealing with a bootcamp'ed drive. SuperDuper for the Mac and something like Ghost for the Bootcamp. You cannot use a UNIX backup utility on a Windows partition, the same holds true here.