Super easy question about software versions

Lost in Tech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Hi,
I have a very easy question, I think. I currently have iPhoto 08 and I want to upgrade to iPhoto 11. Can I do that with out any problems if I did not do the iPhoto 09 upgrade? Or do I have to have iPhoto 09 in order to download iPhoto 11?
Thanks...

Lost in Tech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
SNberk103 - Thanks, just wanted to tell you that I like the quote in your signature and I wish we could all get there!

I am not the best with backups, but I do have the time machine backup of the iphoto, will that be sufficient? Just want to make sure I have backed it up properly before I download iphoto 11. Thanks again....

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
SNberk103 - Thanks, just wanted to tell you that I like the quote in your signature and I wish we could all get there!

I am not the best with backups, but I do have the time machine backup of the iphoto, will that be sufficient? Just want to make sure I have backed it up properly before I download iphoto 11. Thanks again....
I can't take credit for the quote... obviously.... but it is noble goal, eh?

No guarantees... but if the Time Machine has a valid backup, then you'll be fine.

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
One further piece of advice. Make sure you do any updates to iPhoto available via software update BEFORE you launch iPhoto for the first time.

This will ensure that any "library update" bug fixes are already applied to iPhoto when you launch the new version. It could save you from library issues.

:) good luck!