Super easy question about software versions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lost in Tech, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Lost in Tech macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have a very easy question, I think. I currently have iPhoto 08 and I want to upgrade to iPhoto 11. Can I do that with out any problems if I did not do the iPhoto 09 upgrade? Or do I have to have iPhoto 09 in order to download iPhoto 11?
    Thanks...

2. snberk103 macrumors 603

Pretty sure you can just upgrade. Like all upgrades, just make sure you have backup and go ahead.

3. Lost in Tech thread starter macrumors newbie

SNberk103 - Thanks, just wanted to tell you that I like the quote in your signature and I wish we could all get there!

I am not the best with backups, but I do have the time machine backup of the iphoto, will that be sufficient? Just want to make sure I have backed it up properly before I download iphoto 11. Thanks again....

4. snberk103 macrumors 603

I can't take credit for the quote... obviously.... but it is noble goal, eh?

No guarantees... but if the Time Machine has a valid backup, then you'll be fine.

5. MacTech68 macrumors 68000

MacTech68

One further piece of advice. Make sure you do any updates to iPhoto available via software update BEFORE you launch iPhoto for the first time.

This will ensure that any "library update" bug fixes are already applied to iPhoto when you launch the new version. It could save you from library issues.

:) good luck!