Super Fun Happy Keyboard and Mouse Combo Thread

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Life is Sweet, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Life is Sweet macrumors member

I am looking at the wireless MM and the apple wireless keyboard. I DEFINATELY need wireless and bluetooth, and i'd prefer a laser mouse. I now all the grouching about the MM, but are there any real problems with the keyboard eg typing accuracy, lack of num pad (is it an issue?), the feel of a laptop keyboard, lack of elevation (all just hypotheticals) and if so could you guys recommend something really good. Also just tell me about your wireless MM experiences and Wireless Apple Keyboard.

Thanks

2. TraustiB macrumors member

I use a bluetooth Mighty Mouse and an older version (white) bluetooth keyboard with my Mac Mini in the living room. Its sofar been flawless. No problems, they connect as soon as computer wakes from sleep, they wake up the computer from sleep, responsive, accurate and first of all comfortable.

I don't like the Mighty Mouse overall but I felt it would look better with the Mac Mini. I just disabled the side-buttons that are used for Exposé. Bought the keyboard beginning of this year, had to change the battery once.

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

The new keyboards are really lovely to use... nicest keyboard I've ever had and took a couple of hours to get used to. When you go back to an old one, they feel clunky and uncomfortable. I got a wired one, 'cos I need the numeric keypad.

4. mokeyjoe macrumors member

I bought the Mighty Mouse with my iBook last year and used it for about 6 months or so. I never really got along with it - it looks nice(ish) but feels cheap and fiddly. The right click is temperamental at best, the side buttons are stiff and uncomfortable, the scroll ball, while a nice idea, gets clogged. Even the action is rough as the bottom of the mouse has no teflon pads like most.

I just took a basic Microsoft optical mouse from work and use that now. The Microsoft mice are really nice, solid, comfy things and they only cost about a fiver as well. Also the white and grey one I have matches my iBook nicely.