iPad Super funky battery behavior

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bunger, Nov 19, 2016.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

iPad Air 2, about a year and a half old, without issues until a few days ago.

I noticed the battery would drain a little faster than what it normally would, but hadn't really had time to really observe it.

Today ( Saturday) I had that chance and something very funky is going on. For example:

I have dropped 3% just typing these 5 lines.

The battery % will randomly drop double digits within a minute or two (i.e., drop from 44% to 20%), but restarting the iPad will restore it back to 44%.

I rarely ever leave any app running and have location services moderately restricted.

Is my battery on its way out or is possibly something else going on?

2. Coolpher macrumors regular

Coolpher

Have you installed any brand new apps or updated any apps read before you notice the battery issue sometimes there are battery leaksHave you installed any brand new apps or updated any apps read before you notice the battery issue sometimes there are battery leaks that aremade win an app is installed improperly or an update breaks the app if so delete the app or the updated app and reinstall it again see if that helps

3. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

Nothing new is installed, but I typically update existing apps as they are released.

So far, it seems that Safari is the biggest battery suck....

4. lauramayer macrumors regular

lauramayer