Super Glue on Back of iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Zachemc2, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Zachemc2 macrumors newbie

Zachemc2

I recently was in a project with super glue and some got on the back of my iPhone 3G. How can I remove this?

2. Hmac macrumors 68020

Any solvent that will work on the super glue is certainly likely to badly damage the case material.

Your best bet is to scrape if off with a razor blade, then sand with progressively finer sandpaper, as far as emery cloth if possible, then polish it up.

(decades of R/C model airplane building - lot's of experience with cyanoacrylate glue)

3. NETEFX.NET macrumors newbie

super glue removal

No solvents. You will most definately want to follow the advice provided earlier scrape it off carefully then polish. There are acrylic polishes available online. http://www.radtech.us sells a polish called Ice Cream you may be able to find something similar else where. I have tried it and it does work but it takes alot of effort and time to bring back the luster of the original finish. So be careful to minimize the area you scrape off. Good luck.