Super hot Time Capsule + glass surface = trouble?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Icaras, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

I just got a new sleek glass book shelf and I currently have my 500GB time capsule flaunting itself on top of it. However I am worried because there were warning stickers on the glass shelves indicating that extreme cold or hot temperatures should not be touch or be exposed to the glass. Now I know the Time Capsule has a tendency to get sometimes, unbelievably hot (I know mine does), so I'm just concerned. Should it be safe to place the TC on glass surfaces? For the time being, I just put a well padded mouse pad underneath the TC just in case.

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

You could always try raising the Time Capsule off of the surface. I have mine rested on four plastic pop bottle caps. You could do that, or you could get some plastic spacers from any home improvement store as other users have done. I've noticed with my setup that it helps decrease the temperature of the Time Capsule since it allows air to circulate underneath the unit. And it would provide a buffer between your Time Capsule and the glass surface as well.

3. Icaras thread starter macrumors 603

Icaras

Ah! Thats an excellent idea! Why didn't I think of this before? Thanks a lot, I think I'll head down to my local Orchard now then. :D

4. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

I doubt that the time capsule reaches "extreme temperatures". It is not a boiling pot of water or even close.