Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iThinkiKnowiAm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Built-in Pico Projector: (these actually already exist thanks LED advancement and blue laser technology)

Great for: Movies and Presentation

Retina Login: Gives a new meaning to "retina" display. No passwords to type/remember - EVER! Retina info is automatically/random-key-generated encrypted PER login. Unbreakable bio-encryption.

Built-in detachable Remote controller/joystick: (some games just cannot be played fully by touch control alone. This elegant control will function both as a remote controller for Movies/Presentation and game joystick. This joystick will also function as a Hub for card readers and peripheral connectors so the iPad will always remain elegant, hole-less and water proof)

Built in partial hologram/3D screen (a la Nintendo 3d): This technology already exist and can be turned off at will.

Hand motion gesture control (a la XBox 360): again, this technology already exist just needs to be incorporated into the ultra high res camera)

TRUE voice Control: channel surfing/volume control on the iPad by voice please.

NEXT GENERATION 3D Interface: No more sliding Left or Right. Instead, we're presented with a 3D looking SQUARE BALL Surface. Home page + 5 sides. A hand gesture will "flip" the ball to another side for super quick and intuitive interface. More on this later.

ALWAYS ON Free 4G. (a la Amazon Whisper) With 100 Billion in the bank and counting Apple will make more money in ONE MINUTE then and sell more iPads than they will EVER lose money by giving away 4G for free.

TRUE TWO Players games/applications: A chess game when two iPads meet, clock are set and games are ready to go! Never lose chess pieces again!
Examples: Connect 4 / Checkers / Japanese Go / Chinese Chess etc.)

These are but just some of my ideas! My brain cannot rest.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

These might be ideas that an android tablet maker would try............

Digidesign

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2002
Homer+car.jpg

iThinkiKnowiAm said:
All my life, I have searched for an iPad that feels a certain way. Powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball. Now, at last, I have found it.

iAppleKevin

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012
These ideas are really great

These ideas are really great. If Apple can do so for next generation iPad, that would be wonderful. The most I care about is still the weight and slim of iPad.

I like iPad in thiner size.:D

keigo

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2006
Why not paper thin led, then u can fold it and then put into your pocket...:D

camfunction

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
I think it is more likely that the 4th generation iPad will have

- Senseg haptic feedback (http://senseg.com/technology/senseg-technology)
- Eliminate 16gb model and introduce 128gb model
- Quad core processor
- Add flash to rear camera
- Upgrade front camera

Honestly, the 3rd generation is already awesome. Only minor changes will be required to keep it competitive in the market.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.