Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
I was super psyched to get my Space Gray iPhone 6S Plus (128GB) yesterday only to be shocked how slow and laggy it's running. Obviously this isn't the norm, but I'm talking about where you click an app and the tap doesn't even register for a full 20 seconds or more. Same with the keyboard, same with the camera...everything. I set it up as a restore from my iCloud backup and the same apps/settings on my iPhone 6 Plus are running buttery smooth. Anyone else have this problem? Should I just erase it all and start it as a new phone? I'd love to know what you guys think.

PS: When I first got the phone the screen at full brightness looked to be 50% the regular levels. I restarted the phone and it looked normal again. I'm hoping I don't have a lemon!

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
I was super psyched to get my Space Gray iPhone 6S Plus (128GB) yesterday only to be shocked how slow and laggy it's running. Obviously this isn't the norm, but I'm talking about where you click an app and the tap doesn't even register for a full 20 seconds or more. Same with the keyboard, same with the camera...everything. I set it up as a restore from my iCloud backup and the same apps/settings on my iPhone 6 Plus are running buttery smooth. Anyone else have this problem? Should I just erase it all and start it as a new phone? I'd love to know what you guys think.

PS: When I first got the phone the screen at full brightness looked to be 50% the regular levels. I restarted the phone and it looked normal again. I'm hoping I don't have a lemon!
The

jetjaguar

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2009
somewhere
I was just going to make this post. This mostly happens when I unlock the phone .. it basically becomes unresponsive for a good 3-4 seconds and then seems to play catch up. It is really damn annoying.

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
Oops, sorry I found a thread awfully similar to this one. Mods, feel free to delete this. Very sorry!

docal97

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2006
Southampton
Mine has been incredibly fast. So much faster than any previous iPhone.

I agree with the restore as a new phone. That solves most issues. If not, I would take it back to the store for a relacement.

goomba478

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2012
I didn't realize there was another thread with 8+ pages of these. It's really awful and seems to get worse by the hour. The first day it was useable but slow and now it's literally slower than my original iPhone (which is actually quite zippy). What's going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.