Super Mario type game with fire and riding yoshi type powers comming soon

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by kgames, Jan 31, 2012.

1. kgames macrumors regular

Post from the blog on the gameplay

Thats what Doodle Brothers has to offer a fuller experience, with growth power-ups, shooting ability power-ups, and the ability to ride various dinosaurs!!
    The Doodle brothers iphone game was designed from the ground up with requests from gamers all of the world in what they where looking for in a Platform adventure game. In this game you will have all the Classic Mario Type abilities like
    Shooting objects, Riding Different Dinosaurs that each have thier own abilities like freezing enemies and using them as stepping stones. Plus even more to come!!

Here is the blog so you can follow and get more updates in the future
    http://superdoodlebrothers.blogspot.com/

Attached Files:

2. kgames thread starter macrumors regular

Target date is set for 2 weeks from now, just finishing touches on the game and finalizing the boss battle.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

Do you honestly expect to release that and not get sued by nintendo?

4. kgames thread starter macrumors regular

I love when other developer say this same thing when anything resembles something else. Also graphics are drawn out and nothing is ripped so there is no threat of sue. It seems developers rather stunts each other growth , rather than seeing the iphone game marketplace grow. A game like this will draw alot of people to the iphone marketplace, which means more customers to sell your games and apps to.

5. psonice macrumors 6502a

I'm saying that because these big games companies often do protect their IP (I know that from 1st hand experience ;)), and you have a game with very similar graphics, very similar gameplay from the look of it, very similar characters, near identical name and you're describing it as a super mario type game. I know it's not actually a complete rip of the original, but still you have to be pretty careful with something like this - if I was a nintendo lawyer I'd be reaching for my pen + paper right now.

Also: Is the game for iPad or iPhone (or both)? The screenshots look like they're 4:3 like the iPad. Also also: make those buttons smaller, they're absurdly huge :D

Good luck with it anyway.

6. SPEEDwithJJ macrumors 65816

SPEEDwithJJ

This game looks good. I'm a big Mario fan. Looking forward to buying this the moment it hits the App store. :D

7. kgames thread starter macrumors regular

Doodle Brother has been Sumbitte to apple and should be in the appstore in 5-8 days. The game runs on iphone and ipad ,we have been working on this game for month's and know you will enjoy it. Also all updates will be free, none of that IAP crap.