Super Monkey Ball will NOT work

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Lexoticstylez02, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

I haven't had a real problem with it up until today. It will NOT open, I get the loading screen but then it suddenly closes.. I have tried restarting the phone, and powering it off.. neither one worked.

***UPDATE***
    I have tried restoring the phone with no luck, SMB still will not load. I have tried deleting the app and re-syncing, this does not work either.

I have also tried deleting the app and re-downloading a fresh copy with no luck.

Any suggestions? The only other thing I haven't tried is setting up as a new phone (which I'd rather avoid, but it seems to be my only choice)

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Back up your phone in itunes, then restore. The back up should* save your data.

*Jeremy1026 is not responsible for data lost during the restore process.

3. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

The restore shouldn't be required, and is the last thing I would want to do.. I just got this phone a few days ago after exchanging my old one.

Anyone have any other ideas? If I remove the app from my phone and put it back on will I lose my data?

4. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

Yes, you will lose it. But I don't know of anything else to do that will also preserve the data.

Unfortunately, Apple doesn't have a way to back up an individual app and restore data for an individual app. That's probably my singe biggest wish for iPhone updates.

5. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4

Nope, when backing-up App data isn't saved.
    It's very annoying actually.

6. Lexoticstylez02 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Bump.. I have tried restoring the phone with no luck, SMB still will not load. I have tried deleting the app and re-syncing, this does not work either.

I have also tried deleting the app and re-downloading a fresh copy with no luck.

Any suggestions?

7. petermanges macrumors newbie

Bump!

bump.

Im having this exact same problem- monkey ball will start to load, getting as far as the loading screen, and then it crashes.
    Any solutions?

8. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

Yes it is. I backed up my phone, and when I restored it my data was saved. Note, that's doing a restore, not just syncing the game back. Of course, in this case that could be a bad thing, because it could be a bad save killing the game.