Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
How the hell do you save your progress? Driving me nuts.

And there really should be some sort of accelerometer setting adjustment or something. My god Sega. I'm middle aged!

Crash Bandicot Racing has this and it's AWSOME so you can set it. I think everyone needs to include this from now on out and SEGA needs to update this one with that as well.

Another thing I dislike about this game is when the phone rings you bail out and when your done with the call. Tough you start all over.

westernmass

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
Western Mass.
Downloaded on the app store over iPhone and wont work - keeps quitting to home screen after the splash screen and sega screen. £5.99 wasted :-(

I wonder if its like the AIM app that only worked properly if downloaded on the mac first then transferred over?

Anybody else had problems or bought over the air rather than on the mac/pc?

Same problem here!!! Anyone else if was problem before point to place to get help please. :)

00hkelly

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
I am loving this game and not finding it too hard. I have found that the trick is to use pretty tiny sideways movements, whereas you can be quite vigourous with the up/down.

Just remember; really small sideways movements, slowly. Ie. as your coming to a corner, slowly start a very gentle turn. Rather than getting there and slamming it down to the left/right.

Hope that helps somebody,

Red Sox

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
It took me a few tries to get the hang of it, and now I'm hooked. I think it is an excellent game. So far I unlocked the second level, and it is very challenging.

trunksu

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2008
ditto for me. the keys are

1. learning the controls. it's super important to learn where the "neutral" position is. once you u can keep the monkey ball from moving forward/backward. you'll have a much easier time.

2. don't speed through lvls. it's fine in the beginning but at the end precision is way more important.

i was super frustrated at first to the point i thought i wasted $10. but once i figured out what the neutral position is, the game became really fun.

Dorfdad

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2007
IM still not sold on the controls, but im getting there still hard some of these maps are too thin! Ok so after I complete a level and I did not get all the bannanas I have to replay the entire section of maps again!? to clear those?

So basically unless you get every bannana every map do not move on or it will not open the next set?!?

Can't I complete the section and just click on the ones I need to re-do?

happylittlemac

macrumors member
May 30, 2007
Scotland
I'm also not convinced about the controls with Super Monkey Ball or any that use the accelerometer for control. I look forward to the possibility of a button-controller addon that could plug into the iPhone or Touch, accelerometer control is overrated.

DogcowUK

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
The biggest problem is the camera rotating, suddenly your attempt to roll left can become a big roll in another direction. Finding the neutral point and not using large movements is definitely the key, it's such a shame it isn't a game you can hand to anyone and let them play.

Nitromaster

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Ireland.
i want super monkey ball!!!!!!

but i cant buy it from the u.s itunes store cause im in ireland, is there any other way to get it?

Same here

Sega fail :(
I spent over half an hour looking for Super Monkey Ball on the Irish store with no luck. I only realised it wasn't available when I clicked a link and it said it wasn't available in the irish store :(

Theres only 1 game when I go to the Games section on the Irish store, 'Mr Shuffle'

baseballbent

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2008
I beat the game last night. I posted a picture of the last level in the thread called "super monkey ball challenge"

It was hard at first but after I got used to it I could breze through the levels

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I beat the game last night. I posted a picture of the last level in the thread called "super monkey ball challenge"

It was hard at first but after I got used to it I could breze through the levels

Does it have any replay value or is that just $10 out the window? Haha.

itsaka

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2007
I've definitely felt the same way a lot of you are expressing. At first, failed miserably playing it due to how sensitive the controls are and figured I just wasted $10 bucks. After playing it for like 10 - 15 minutes, you start to figure out sweet spots and how to control it without making the monkey ball go nuts. I found myself holding the upper left-hand corner with my left hand and holding the lower right-hand corner with my right hand. I find it keeps it more stable and allows for more precise tilting. That probably won't make any sense to anyone.

I do wish they would add the ability to allow for the user to pick how the camera interacts with the monkey ball. Once the camera gets turned around where I'm seeing the front my character and its moving literally towards you, all I have to say to that is... Good luck! Might as well just restart the level.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
I have absolutely no problem with the game...the sensitivity is definitely needed on some of the higher levels, I use the rotating camera to my advantage, and I am now exactly half-way through the game (desert hard) :D

Sega won with this.

greenmymac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2007
Tulsa, Ok
I have absolutely no problem with the game...the sensitivity is definitely needed on some of the higher levels, I use the rotating camera to my advantage, and I am now exactly half-way through the game (desert hard) :D

Sega won with this.

This game is so hard.....

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
IMG_0041.png

Finally...almost done!!!:D

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
Matt - wow. Nice.
Need more nice games like this. Very nice! I've gotten a bit used to it but can't finish level 7 (I think) yet.

MattGTO

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
Mckinney, Texas
The hardest level so far...level 10 on Space Case easy...its impossible.

IMG_0061.png

I've tried 100 times, still no cigar...I've gotten to the final platform, but my time ran out. :mad:

pianoplayer1

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2005
New York
Im stuck on level 6 desert easy - the one with the gradual humps... I always end up going to slow and then i lose control.

Is it just me or is it only too sensitive when you are moving slowly?

EDIT: nevermind - i got it this second

nintendofreak93

macrumors regular
May 27, 2008
Is there a way to save if you don't complete a world and difficulty?
As in If I get to 2.7 on easy, then quit, I have to start back at 2.1, right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.