Super Paint Options

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OlderMacUser179, Oct 20, 2010.

1. OlderMacUser179 macrumors newbie

There was an old thread where someone posted a message saying that someone here on the forum had developed/adapted the old Super Paint program to run on a newer operating system.

Super Paint was such an easy, intuitive, and versatile program to use....the learning curve was zero compared to the newer more expensive programs... I don't need a heavy duty program just something simple that would have the same kinds of tools like the symmetry, brush options..etc.

I'd like to get a newer computer and be able to use this program on it...I have lots of files in Super Paint.

I know that this is a long shot but would appreciate any info or suggestions of other simple programs that would have the same features as Super Paint.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. OlderMacUser179 thread starter macrumors newbie

Super Paint Newer Version

Thanks so much for posting the reply to my thread!! .....I don't use forums and am challenged to figure out where to post what etc....I apologize if I am duplicating or not posting in the correct place etc........

I am aware of the thread you posted.......my question actually came from seeing that thread.......maybe I should have posted it there???

There was a reference on one of the posts there regarding someone who was able to adapt Super Paint to a newer operating system. Specifically, I was trying to find out who the person is on this forum that was able to adapt Super Paint to an operating system later than 8.5 and 9.2.

I did see the other suggestions but since the thread was a few years old I thought maybe someone has come up with some better options.

Thank you again for your quick reply and sorry if I posted in the wrong place etc.

3. ChipKidd macrumors newbie

Did you have success in finding a replacement drawing program?

Did you have success in finding a replacement drawing program?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

That user hasn't been on the forum since they posted this thread over 3 years ago.

5. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Time to move on. The effort required to run something that old seems hardly worth it, considering the multitude of modern alternatives.

I'd suggest Acorn. I remember SuperPaint, and although it's been a while I don't see that Acorn is any more difficult to use than SuperPaint.

Rob

6. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Acorn looks nice however very expensive (for my pocket - not to discredit the effort required to create and maintain such software).
    I use SeaShore:
    http://seashore.sourceforge.net/The_Seashore_Project/About.html