Super-protective case.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LithePanther, Nov 16, 2011.

1. LithePanther macrumors 6502

Hello.

So, i've been using an otterbox for quite a while, and I'm dissasisfied with the quality of the product as a whole. I've had numerous issues with numerous cases, and I've had it.

What is another company that creates a case with the same level of protection as otterbox? I want the case big and bulky - I don't want my phone damaged at all.

Thanks!

2. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

3. vaugha macrumors regular

Griffin survivor and lifeproof g1/2 might interest you. I haven't had experience testing these cases but threads come up quite often comparing them to others.

4. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Jason111709 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I went from a disappointing otter box to the griffin survivor. Glad I did way better case. I work construction and the case has done its job 200% better than the otter box ever did

6. maliu macrumors 6502a

I've have the Lifeproof since July. I don't want anything else on my phone.

7. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

I was looking at the ballistic case.

Which survivor is the better one? Same for lifeproof? And could you link the lifeproof - I couldn't find it.

8. corpswifekp macrumors newbie

9. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

Over the several cases I've had, the issues have been:

The inside plastic case doesn't close correctly
    The rubber lining was stretched out and didn't fit correctly
    One case had all the rubber flaps missing
    One case had a cracked plastic case

I've given up on it.

10. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone?

11. hizzaah macrumors 6502

12. Xanderprime macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

I had the Otterbox Defender for the iPhone 4. The rubber will eventually stretch out if you keep it in your pocket. I was constantly adjusting the rubber outside to put it back into place. It was really annoying. Plus the case is very thick.

I'm using the Lifeproof case for my 4s and I have to say I'm pretty impressed. It really is waterproof and shockproof. I accidently dropped my phone with this case 5 ft in a shower stall with no problems whatsoever. It's also a pretty thin case considering how protective it is.

13. JayJayJay macrumors member

The Seidio Convert Combo is remarkably protective but lacks an integrated screen shield (I HATE integrated screen shields). It's MORE drop protective (in my opinion...no actual tests performed) than the Defender. I also love that it has an easily (and quickly) removable camera cutout protector built in, so you can get the shots quickly if needed.

For me, the best "super protective" case on the market.

14. LithePanther thread starter macrumors 6502

I ordered the griffin explorer s few moments ago. I love the clip and an integrated screen protector is necessary for me - that's why I didn't go for the convert.

It should arrive Tuesday and I'll post my thoughts on it. Still considering the ballistic. And I also found the gumdrop tech series case. Looks interesting as well.

15. maxsandis, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

maxsandis macrumors member

I had the Griffin survivor for a while and it was very good just couldn't stand the bulk so went back to a skin case. Can't wait for an Apple device which will have a scratch free back, maybe iPhone 5