Super Quick Mywi Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilovemyibook, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

Hello all. I have an iPhone 3GS that I jailbroke and I have a 32 gig wifi iPad that isn't jailbroken. I got the wifi iPad because i was limited on money and I wanted that 32 gig badly. Since I have an iPhone that i always have on me I figured i would download mywi on my iPhone and just get the data that way when I'm out and about with my lovely iPad. If I understand correctly when I buy mywi it will put rock on my phone? After i have mywi installed I can delete rock with no problems? Sorry for the horrible typing but I'm on my iPad that I've had for one day and i'm in a rush. Lol.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Cydia purchased Rock so you'll no longer have to worry about Rock being installed onto your phone from now on. Any licenses you purchased with Rock were transfered over to Cydia. MyWi will install on it's own.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

MyWi is now only available through Cydia as Rock no longer exists, so no worries on that score.

4. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

If you were to purchase MyWi a month ago, then yes, Rock would be installed and yes, you could have removed it safely, however as the user above me said, Cydia bought out Rock so MyWi will install by itself now.

5. ilovemyibook thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys! I read all into the whole jailbreaking thing before i did it but I just kinda quit reading into it after i was successful at it. Lol. I always read the forums but rarely post and I think you guys are the nicest people. Thanks!