Super slow web browsing/Unibody MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dainja, May 21, 2009.

1. dainja macrumors member

I bought a 15" Unibody MBP a couple of weeks ago

It's my first mac and I love it BUT the internet is slow in both FF and Safari. Visiting the same pages on my PCs works perfectly.

When I'm watching streaming TV online, it'll buffer non-stop. The same show on my PC laptop works fine. When I look at istat pro I see that the speed goes say 200K then drops to 0 (and repeat). Why is the speed dropping like this, constantly?

I have full wireless signal and a linksys router.

Also, when I'm visiting certain sites (like online stores), it'll often just hang and go "waiting for whateverthesiteis.com".

They work SUPER fast on my PCs.

There's obviously something wrong and it's driving me crazy. Help!

2. Sheeds macrumors member

Sheeds

Is there space on your hard Drive? It could be because there is no space to download content to.

3. maldoror macrumors regular

i just came here to post the same question. safari is so sloooow.
    i noticed it get snappy when i could hear the harddrive working hard. but i rarely hear anything. i selected to not let the hdd sleep. but nothing changed.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

5. SonicRage macrumors newbie

I have two Macs (a unibody MB and a Santa Rosa MBP) and both systems are having brutally slow web browsing in both Safari and Firefox while games have no out-of-the-ordinary latency. I've tried both wired and wireless to no avail. As the OP stated, I have a PC as well and I am having no issues web browsing on it. Very bizarre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6. SonicRage macrumors newbie

I have successfully resolved my issue. I discovered my ISP's local DNS server IPs and then added them to my DNS server list. I hope this helps the OP and others experiencing this issue.