Super Smash Bros WiiU Bricking Systems

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Tucom, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

There's comments on the net about SSB on WiiU bricking the console itself. Just a heads up!

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No problems with mine... Though hate to say it... I'm not getting into the game AT ALL ... Just leaving me cold.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've heard about this but it hasn't affected me. There are loads of rumours flying about for this one. I'm just gonna continue playing!

4. Cnasty macrumors 68020

Cnasty

Lots of info on Reddit.

I saw that this was an issue prior to Smash but with the uptick in Wii U sales of late due to the game it is being brought to light more.

Wii U's own red ring of death if you will with a possible hardware defect. Afraid to play that game at all now!

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Seems fine on mine so far. We bought the digital version and it is being played a ton.

6. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

if your Wii U gets bricked and you have to get it replaced, can you re-link it to your previous unit in order to be able to redownload all the games you've bought on the eShop?

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

If you send it into Nintendo yeah, or if it works like a 3DS you can just phone in, tell them it's broke (or missing) and you can re-download your games without sending it in. A friend lost his 3DS at an airport and Nintendo transferred everything across for him.

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Seems like nowadays, even the used games I pick up for 360, PS3, Wii U, and PS4, need some sort of updates before you can even play it... :eek:

Seems like devs are too lazy to get the game working properly to begin with... :mad:

Back with carts or before Internet, the game had to be right or it would just be brought back to the store as unplayable/broken and no one would buy it. If you bought it anyways, you wouldn't be able to at all play it.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

And games are infinitely more complex now than they ever have been ;).

10. ReanimationN macrumors 6502a

ReanimationN

11. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I took mine back.