Super Smash Bros WiiU

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by the8thark, Jun 20, 2013.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Who here is exited for Super Smash Bros WiiU?
    http://www.smashbros.com

I certainly am. I've owned all 3 previous Smash Bros games and can't wait for this one. I'm even thinking about possible character inclusions in the game. I will buy a WiiU just for this game initially and possibly some others later.

2. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

Who isn't is the question :) - looks to be an amazing title - have loved Smash since the original N64 version

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Never really "got" this game but my five year old LOVES the wii version. I'll upgrade this and mario cart for him just cause...

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I had never played Melee before and bought it because it I didn't know what else to get. I fell in love, played to almost 100% completion, memory card wiped, did it all again. Loved Brawl - recently started playing again and cemented it further in my Top 5 games.

So yeah I can't wait for this one for both the Wii U and 3DS :)

5. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Just curious: you did that in single player mode? Haven't played any entry but they strike me to be some of those genuine local multiplayer games (?).

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Single and multi. For both Brawl and Melee. I never played the 64 version but I imagine it hasn't aged well.

I can play in both modes happily. Refine my techniques in single player, have bucket loads of "party fun" in multiplayer :).

7. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

The 64 version has not aged well. Not in terms of looks, the game looks fine even today. More in re-playability. There's just not as many options there as in Melee onwards. Melee is defo the first good SSB game.

And some of the single player challenges or story mode on hard/very hard modes are quite challenging indeed. The game has a lot to offer for single player people. Even the multiplayer bots are pretty good if you're on your own.

8. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

It's SSB, so it's going to be awesome, but Wii fit woman? Lol :D

9. TedM macrumors 6502

I might grab the 3ds version. I'm not super stoked with the additions so far, hopefully there are more. I won't be grabbing the wii u though unless there is a substantial amount of good games released.

10. the8thark thread starter macrumors 68040

the8thark

I thought the same in SSB Brawl with Mr Game&Watch. But I think the Wiifit woman is the joke character. And a game of this nature so has to have a joke character.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I dunno, I don't see what the joke is. It's out there but she looks like a great atheltic character already, many think she's a replacement for Zero Suit Samus. But I can't imagine anyone being as out there as Game and Watch! I still can't get to grips with that one.

12. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

Wow, I remember the thread we had on here for Brawl like it was yesterday. Time flies...

My only hope is that we get an adapter that lets us use wired GameCube controllers.

13. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The Wii U Pro Controller is extremely better... :D

14. dolphin842 macrumors 65816

I've used the Pro Controller on a few occasions. It's certainly a good controller, but for me the GC controller is still better from an ergonomic/button layout perspective, especially for Smash Bros :).

15. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

I am also a huge fan of the Wii U Pro Controller - the layout is wonderful and the build quality is top notch.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Aye, it's a joy to hold!

They've announced Olimar is returning. My least fave character!

17. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

What previous game was he in? N64 version is the one I grew up on. I think fighting with Pikmin could be wildly fun or having the villager capture Pikmin!

18. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

If you haven't seen them yet, a lot of cool gameplay vids on youtube from Nintendo: