Super Street Fighter II - HD REMIX!!! - which joystick?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spaceballl, Nov 24, 2008.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

In just a few days, fans of the old arcade classic will now be able to enjoy what many consider to be the best fighting game evar on our PS3s and XBOX 360s. Woohoo!

I want to buy a joystick (maybe 2!) for my PS3. What is the best joystick out there for the PS3 and XBOX 360? Thanks!

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I've not been following this much, but is this just SF2 with redrawn sprites?

3. spaceballl thread starter macrumors 68030

spaceballl

In a nutshell yes, all the sprites have been redrawn in HD goodness. They have also rebalanced the characters a bit. Some characters who used to be a bit too strong have become less cheap, and I think they also took some characters who weren't very good and gave them an extra move or two. It will be available to download on the 27th via XBLA or PSN. I'm definitely looking forward to it, but I want a good joystick!

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

it'll be available on psn tomorrow the 25th and the 26th on xboxlive. it's selling for $14.99 or 1200 mspoints. you can read on the list of changes to the game here. it really is much more than a redrawn super turbo.

as for a fighting stick, i don't think you can go wrong with a hori stick.

5. diddy macrumors 6502

I've been using the HORI Fighting Stick 3 for Soulcalibur IV.

play-asia.com

I found one at a local GameStop after calling around. It's surprisingly solid. There are better sticks available, but the HORI has served me very well as a first stick.

6. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

PS3 updates are on Thursdays :p.

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i realize this. but if you bothered reading my link, the official release date is listed as the 25th.

8. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

Scratch that, was just reading RSS and the PSN update WILL be tomorrow because of Thanksgiving. Well... that will make the time until the next PSN update feel awkwardly long.

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

In that case I guess I'll just stick to SFA3 on the PSP. Thought they might have added extra characters or just have jumped right to SF3.