Super ToolTips (won't go away!)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by JustinG87, Jan 4, 2008.

1. JustinG87 macrumors member

JustinG87

What is it with these massively irritating tooltips that remain even when you move a window or application to the background, and won't ever go away? And so god help you if you close or move away from whatever spawned the demonic little thing, it won't ever go away! How do I make it so these things go away as soon as my mouse moves from whatever created them?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've had that problem only with Firefox, where it sometimes leaves a white rectangle that floats above everything else, even if I minimize the Firefox window. I'm not sure how to fix it.

3. JustinG87 thread starter macrumors member

JustinG87

It happens in any application that has any sort of tooltip, including Finder. The tooltip stays there and never leaves unless I'm very careful to mouse over where it originated, and then very, very slowly move it way.

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

"Sir, just back away from the ToolTip. Slowly, don't startle it. It's more afraid of you than you are of it."

Sorry.

I just tested a bunch of apps. Those that have toolTips, it disappears either instantly or with a slight pause & slow fade. None of them hang at all (including Firefox). Here's a bunch of places to hopefully find a livable solution.