Superbad

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Phat_Pat, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

anyone see this film yet?

anyone else think its one of the funniest things they've seen in a long long time?

i wanna quote stuff but i think the forums will censor it ha:p

2. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Finally a movie that lives up to its title.

The only people that would find this flick funny are the kids trying to find ways of sneeking in. Blech.

3. shecky Guest

shecky

did you see it?

4. Schnebar macrumors 6502

lol I saw it last night with some friends and I am 17 so I could get in but they wouldnt sell my friend a ticket who looks way older and never gets carded at movies. Then someone else got 2 tickets so he got in. Then they had another person at the movie door checking ticket stubs and ID's. He got stopped again but luckily some older person my other friend knew came and said he was with us.

But anyways the movie was extremely funny but I only think it would be funny for people between 14-25

5. Phat_Pat thread starter macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

the kids sneaking into this film wouldn't notice any of the messages in it either. hidden within all those penis jokes are actually some good messages.

6. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

:confused: Well I just watched the trailer and it looks like Animal House 30 years too late, with any subtlety replaced by the gratuitous use of swearing and repetitive, tedious references to genitalia. Is this funny to anyone over 16?

7. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Yep. I'm 21 and thought it was hilarious. Great jokes throughout the whole movie. I don't understand how people can put a movie down without even seeing it. I definitely recommend it.

8. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

This movie was one of the funniest I've seen in quite awhile. It wasn't high-brow humor, mind you, but it was hilarious, nonetheless. I'll likely be going to see this again while it's still in the theatres, something I NEVER do. GREAT movie, coming from someone who is rather tough on movies (compared to my friends, at least).

9. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

This is a great movie. The team of Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, etc. are quickly becoming the new hot comedy group. It seems like they can't be stopped!

10. beez7777 macrumors 6502a

beez7777

um. you're actually quite wrong. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/superbad/

11. Jopling macrumors 6502

It is the funniest comedy I have ever seen. I missed half the dialogue because everyone was laughing so hard.

12. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I've loved this group of people for a long time as well. They make me giggle a lot- and I'm 40. I can't wait to see it.

13. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I really want to see it, but generally hate all movie theatre audiences. I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD like I do most movies.

14. JHacker macrumors 6502

JHacker

Why? Part of the experience is to see a really funny comedy in a full theatre when other people are laughing hysterically too.

15. shecky Guest

shecky

i agree - i thought "the 40 year old virgin" was hilarious. loved it.

16. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

I agree, but the experience is ruined when you have 13 year olds that snuck in talking and being obnoxious. It's happened almost every single time I've seen any movie in a theatre.

I will probably end up going mid-day on Wednesday or something when most kids should be in school.

17. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I've just got back from the cinema and really enjoyed it.

Very funny with a bittersweet ending.

I also want to give a special mention to Martha MacIsaac (Becca) for keeping a straight face during her drunken-not-quite-sex-scene. :D

(Plus it was free, baby!)

18. majordude macrumors 68020

majordude

I found it rude.

They could have taken the first 20 minutes of penis drawings and masturbation conversations, and just said, "Look, we only have two days left before the end of high school and we all promised ourselves that we would get laid before we graduated. We need a plan."

And no, it is nothing like Animal House. Animal House had class.

It's sort of like the difference between fart jokes and showing the crap coming out and videoing the pile in the toilet.

19. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

no, "Not Another Teen Movie" was rude.

then what would you have that missing 20 minutes be of?

That doesnt make any sense to today's demographic. Its almost 2 generations too old now.

Nice image!

20. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

sick movie, loved it, will purchase i as soon as it comes out on dvd, it's one of those love it or hate it no in btw...

21. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

I disagree... I work in an engineering office and 4 of my coworkers (who all happen to be engineers) and myself (also an engineer) went to see it when it came out. we all thought it was hilarious. apparently one of my friends told me that he saw somewhere that the majority of ppl going to see that movie were older than 25 y/o. i couldn't stop laughing long enough to catch my breath.

I think it was great.

knocked up was great too! those guys are the funniest!

22. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I think it's more towards the line of people that have ever tried to find beer when underage with some friends. Which is a lot of people. I guess it's more towards males too.

Great movie. It has been a while since I've seen a good comedy.

23. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

It was funny, but it wasn't like the funniest thing I have ever seen. I thought that Rush Hour 3 was just as if not funnier than Superbad. That being said, it was still quite funny, but i think that it coulda been a lot better. Just my 2 cents.

24. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Eh, talk about a bad movie. RH3 was ridiculous. A shame to the series.

25. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Amazing movie!

You'd be surprised to know that the movie has been drawing an older crowd... 25-40ish.