SuperDrive and Blank CD'S

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by geekygeek, Apr 3, 2012.

1. geekygeek macrumors regular

So I was presenting a powerpoint at school today. Took a flash drive, into the computer, onto the projector. Everything went fine and dandy, got a perfect 100% :D. So then one of my friends made a video, she had a camera and a USB cord along with it. The video wouldn't play. Everyone knows I'm the computer geek in the school, so I went up and tried to help. I didn't know what the problem was and she had to do the presentation tomorrow. When I got back to my seat, then I realized the SD card on the camera was locked .__. but after that school was over and yea....I said we could try it again tomorrow and I took the SD card home with me just incase it didn't work tomorrow.
    Skip above if you want to get to the problem
    I have an SD card right now with a video on it, and I'm on my MacBook Air. I want to take the video from the SD card and burn it on a CD. The SD card plugs into my MacBook air without using any external stuff. I got the video playing from the SD card on my computer. So then I got my external CD drive which was an old IBM Superdrive from my old Lenovo laptop, its still working and has been rarely used. I took a blank CD put it in the drive, it started spinning but nothing appeared on the computer screen. It wasn't in the Finder or anywhere. So long story short, the blank CD won't appear on the Finder using an IBM Superdrive. Somebody help me :confused:

2. simsaladimbamba

Blank CDs and DVDs don't appear in Finder. Maybe make a Burn folder and press BURN after?

3. geekygeek thread starter macrumors regular

How would I do that?

4. simsaladimbamba

Either via File > New Burn Folder:
    [​IMG]
    Or select file > right-click > Burn file to disc:
    [​IMG]
    Or select folder > right-click > Burn folder to disc:
    [​IMG]

5. geekygeek, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012

geekygeek thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you ^_^ I'm going to try it now
    EDIT: I get this http://i.imgur.com/ziT9i.png
    EDIT: I just noticed my blank CD says
    """
    Music
    CD-R
    40x 700mb 80min
    """
    Its a memorex CD, is it because that it is a music CD only?