Superdrive Broken

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Qwik, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Qwik macrumors member

I bought my white macbook on Nov. 20th 2008, and now the superdrive isn't working at all. Tonight i went to burn a DVD and at the end of the process it said that the task couldn't be completed or retried because it couldn't be identified. It also, won't eject the CD. What should I do? Any advice?

2. mynameisraj macrumors 6502

try this to get the CD out…*as for burning I don't have any ideas other than you stuck a DVD in when there was something in there already or the disc is broken in some form… if you can't get the superdrive to keep working, then your under warranty and applecare will fix it up for you :)

3. pscraig macrumors member

Reboot the machine, but hold down the trackpad button as the computer restarts. This forces an eject.

I'd try a different kind of DVD next time, but otherwise I'd try to get Apple to take a look at it since it is so new.

4. morrisman1 macrumors 6502

im getting my superdrive replaced tomorrow, it wont burn layer 2 of DL discs. its a mat****a drive

EDIT: lol at the messageboard sensoring part of the name!! (i did try to bold that part)