Superdrive fail to eject

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sabre364, Jul 4, 2010.

1. sabre364 macrumors member

I had to buy an MBP for school. We got them Aug 2008 so I think they are April? 2008 models (all silver not unibody - Intel).

So I had my superdrive replaced once under warranty before, wouldn't read discs. Ever since we got the laptops the metal bends very easily over the slot of the disc drive, not one person in our class has a pristine cd slot. When they fixed the drive (along with a whole host of other problems :mad: ) back about a year ago they tried to improve the bend a bit. Mine has some marks on it too from pulling out discs that got stuck back before they sort of fixed the metal to an extent where the cd can eject.

Fast forward one year to today, I put in a dvd for the first time in a while and it reads a-ok. Then I go to eject, the os recognizes and ejects. However it apparently is now stuck. Nothing can get it out...and there was important info on the cd - and I can't even read it. Probably the metal being bent again.

What a joke. Now I have to drive an hour to the apple store, lose the laptop for 2 weeks all the while I am studying for board exams....this sucks.

The drive makes noise every once in a while like it thinks somethings there but cant get it out.

2. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Boot whilst holding down the left click button.

3. CarolinaMacGuy macrumors newbie

I have tried everything I can think of to remove a disk. It never mounted, so it wasn't recognized. I have tried the boot with left click, boot left click at an angle, and have started probing the drive slot with a credit card.

Anything else I should try to remove a dvd?

4. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

I had a disc stuck. All the help didn't do anything (boot and press various buttons, press eject for seconds, terminal commands, etc).

I found this, and after fiddling around for a few minutes, out popped my disk. I actually used only one credit card. I also put some double sided tape on the side of a credit card and it sort of grabbed onto the disc and pulled it out.