Superdrive firmware update prompt after ever restart

CDailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
After I ran the superdrive firmware update that was released a few weeks ago, I've been getting this prompt telling me that there is "no upgradeable devices found" every time I restart my MBP. Why is it giving me this prompt? Here is a screenshot:

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
Just go to system preferences...users...startup items. Make sure the superdrive update is not there.

Also unrelated, but where did you get that awesome wallpaper?

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
Thanks for the wallpaper ;)

Anyway, does the superdrive work? Can you burn and read CDs/DVD's? If you can, I would just spotlight and remove the updater application...I think it's located in utilities.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Delete it from there. Having it checked or unchecked merely determines if it starts as hidden or not. Another option is to simply remove the superdrive firmware updater from your Utilities folder. :)

CDailey

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2006
Florida
Thanks for the wallpaper ;)

Anyway, does the superdrive work? Can you burn and read CDs/DVD's? If you can, I would just spotlight and remove the updater application...I think it's located in utilities.
You're welcome :D

And yeah, the superdrive works fantasticly (albiet slow when burning full 4gb dvd's :-/) I backed up all my music/pictures just this afternoon!

Delete it from there. Having it checked or unchecked merely determines if it starts as hidden or not. Another option is to simply remove the superdrive firmware updater from your Utilities folder.

Done and done. Thanks guys :)