superdrive help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hotrod351, Apr 15, 2007.

1. hotrod351 macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i bought a power mac g4 a few years ago. works great but i noticed that i really have to give the superdrive a good push to close. it opens the tray easy enough but it seems that it shouldn't take as much force as it does to close. is there an adjustment on it for the sensitivity of the tray closing.

2. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Why are you pushing the drive at all? In the last Tiger update, apple decreased the sensitivity of the eject button, so you need to hold it down a bit longer to open and close the drive. Silly change IMHO, but there you have it. Otherwise, I might recommend buying a new drive - they're pretty cheap from New Egg.

3. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

when i load a disk i push the button to open and then push it to load, but it takes a bit of force to get it to close. for itunes i can use the eject symbol to open and close the drive. just wondered if after i manually open the drive if there was some way to close it from the desktop without opening itunes or another program.

4. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

on your keyboard at the top right corner, next to the volume controls is an open/close button... that's what you want, I think.

5. hotrod351 thread starter macrumors 6502

hotrod351

i don't see volume control symbols on my keyboard. far right, above the numbers panel, are pg up and pg dn.