Superdrive in external enclosure

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by S-mac-k, Jun 23, 2011.

1. S-mac-k macrumors member

Guys, forgive me for asking this but I just can't seem to work it out as I'm new to mac.

Done the conversion. Got the ssd bla bla bla...connected my superdrive into an external enclosure but it doesn't appear at all anywhere on the system?

Can anyone throw any pointers my way please.

Thanks in advance.

2. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

The optical drive doesn't appear anywhere? Sorry, I'm a little unclear on what the issue is. Can you please describe the problem a little more specifically?

3. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

So are you saying when you put a disk in the drive, nothing happens?

4. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

My superdrive was removed when I bought an ssd which I installed in my main hd bay. I installed the stock in the optibay and now have the superdrive in an external enclosure that I just can't get to work? Does not show anywhere on the system? Is there a bios I can get into to check to see if the drive is being picked up? I'm confused. Thanks.

5. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

Yeah doesn't work properly? I've restarted and still it does not show?

6. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

7. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

sorry for sounding thick here but how'd I do that? Just had a scan round the system and I must be blind. I could do it on pc. I had half a clue. Mac is like starting all over again.

8. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

Did u insert any cd in superdrive. i know i sound silly but something the problem is just a basic one.

9. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

I must be the biggest retard on here.

i didn't push the disc far enough into the drive.

I'm going to walk out of my house, find the first person I can and ask them to punch me in the face.

Apologies for wasting your time. Hope I made you laugh at my complete stupidity!

10. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

can i be that person? :D

Don't feel stupid by the way, it happens to more people than you think haha

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Hahaha! Great response.

Especially for Windows users coming to OS X. Generally, if something isn't working or you can't find something you're over thinking it.

By the way, welcome to the OS X.

12. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

No worries. When we're unsure of ourselves (like when switching to a completely new-to-us operating system) when something isn't working right, we tend to always assume it's a big problem, and overlook the obvious stuff. I'm just glad it was something minor. Wouldn't want you to get soured on OSX!

13. S-mac-k thread starter macrumors member

I like OSX. I love my mbp. I love the trackpad. I love my iphone. I love mac. I'm glad they keep pushing technology forward. Makes life easier for everyone that chose to use it.

14. duggram macrumors 6502

duggram

Would you consider installing something like VMWare Fusion and running Win7 in a VM? Makes for a whole new Windows experience. I run 6 Spaces and Alt-Tab back and forth between Win7 and my Mac apps. It'll make you love your Mac even more.