Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boing-gr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Dear all,

I own a macbook pro, mid 2009 and its superdrive was working fine till 3 days ago. Now, whenever I try to insert a CD or DVD, the drive doesn't read it at all and after 2'' it ejects it. I tried reseting SMC and PRAM with no luck. I also tried that "batmac" trick [hold the mac upside down] with no luck either except my neck is now damaged too..

So, two questions:

1)What could the damage be? It's not a lens thing since it doesn't even try to read the cd\dvd.

2)My warranty is no longer valid [expired 1 month ago..]. How much would it cost to replace it? I live in Greece and no Apple Store exists here yet. I must take it to my provider [authorized reseller], check it [don't know how much this is going to cost either] and have it replaced.

Regards

mdoyle

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2010
My imac seems to not want to except cd's either. Running both Snow Leopard or Windows 7 dam annoying i've been searching the internet for a solution to it but so far no luck. Nearest Apple store is 54 miles from where i live which is a major pain.

Anyone else out there having the same issues and found a fix for this issue ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.